Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Comparing Lip Stains: Cover Girl vs Revlon

Hey everyone. So I just got some of these Revlon Just Bitten Lipstains a few days ago and I wanted to see which ones I thought were better, Revlon or the Cover Girl Outlast Lipstains. I put the Revlon one on the right side of my mouth and the Cover Girl one on the left side. Below is a picture of the lipstains. The Revlon lipstain is in Frenzy and the Cover Girl is in the number 402.
Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain - $8.99
Cover Girl Outlast Lipstain - $4.47



This is right after I applied the products. The colors are similar. The Revlon color is a bit deeper.


After an hour


I added balm after the first hour. The Revlon side has the balm that comes with the lipstain and the Cover Girl side has Nivea A Touch of Smoothness lip balm.


After 2 hours: The Revlon side definitley looks darker than the Cover Girl side.





After 3 hours: The Revlon side is holding up better. The Cover Girl side is fading a bit.




After 4 hours: I ate and had some soda and water and this is what it looks like after that. You would definitley need to reapply after eating and drinking. The Revlon side is still darker than the Cover Girl side and has more product still on the lips.





I added more balm after the 4th hour. It helped a bit but you can still see that the Cover Girl side is fading.





Here is the video which I filmed at about the 5th hour.




After the 6th hour both sides are fading considerably on the bottom lip.









After the 7th hour this is hardly any product left on the Cover Girl bottom lip. Both sides are faded but there is a bit more color still left on the Revlon side.




Ok so my conclusion to this little experiment/comparison: I prefer the Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain over the Cover Girl Outlast Lipstain. 15 minutes after putting the colors on, the Revlon color was absorbed into my skin, meaning I could no longer feel the product there and the product didn't transfer onto my fingers when touched. The Cover Girl product was still a bit wet and sticky so I could tell it had not been absorbed into the skin yet. After an hour when I put on the balms, Cover Girl transfered to my Nivea lip balm. Revlon did not leave any transfer of color onto its lip balm. Revlon outlasted Cover Girl without a doubt. Now there is a major price difference. Revlon is almost twice as much as Cover Girl, however I do feel that it is better quality and longer lasting. :-) Just my opinion (-: But I would definitley buy Revlon again and I probably won't buy any more of the Cover Girl lipstains.
Hope you enjoyed :-)
xoxoxo







5 comments:

  1. thanks, really appreciate it. I just wonder did your lips feel dried?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review. Very informative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you did this, it was just like a science experiment. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is exactly what I was looking for! My usual lipstain has been discontinued and I've heard good things about both of these. Revlon it is! Thanks for the great post!

    ReplyDelete