Search This Blog

Friday, June 4, 2010

Collective Haul

Nothing like a haul-iday...(was that cheesy...yeah probably ha) ANYWAY this is some stuff I've gathered over the last few weeks. I've tried to swatch most of it. Some of it wasn't coming out so great on my camera so....yeah...it is what it is :-) Some of it I've already tried and I'll let you know how I feel about it. Some of it I haven't tried but when I do...I'll let you know how I feel about it :-) So yeah here goes, hope you enjoy and find it useful. (I don't recall the prices but most of it is from Wal-Mart or Target and they should have the prices online. If you can't find the info let me know and I'll try my hardest to get it for you.)



My loot :-)
(In the back there next to the cream blush stick are 2 LOreal Bare Naturale Blushes that I totally forgot to take an individual picture of. They are in Honey Glow and Pink Glow and I really like them a lot. My only gripe is the packaging. Bleh but other than that I looove them esp the Pink Glow)







Hard Candy Foiled Again Metallic Shadow Stick. Top to Bottom: Spirited, Glimmer, Celestine and Soiree.
First impression: LOVE the packaging. All Hard Candy products have such pretty packaging.







Left to Right: Soiree, Glimmer, Celestine and Spirited.
Obviously Soiree is the most pigmented of the 4. They are very shimmery. My camera isn't picking up just how shimmery/sparkly they are. I haven't really used them all that much. They could be used as a base but the shadow going over them would have to be a shimmery shadow. Matte shadows wouldn't really work.








Rimmel Eyeful Eye Glistener. Top to Bottom: 700 Flaunt, 100 Girls Only! and 400 Talk to Me.










Left to Right: 400 Talk to Me, 100 Girls Only! and 700 Flaunt.
Super smooth texture and consistency. Love these as bases. I've been reaching for the pink one (100 Girls Only!) a lot!!!












Maybelline Color Sensational Lipsticks. Left to Right: Peachy Scene, On the Mauve, Southwest Sizzle, Fiesta Flush, Very Cherry, Red Revival.










Swatches are the same as above left to right.
LOVE these lipsticks. This line has a million different colors. I own a bunch. Love the texture, they're super smooth, have great pigmentation and last a good amount of time. My fave at the moment is Pink Sand (not shown). I wear it almost every day. Def recommend these lipsticks.









Revlon Lipgloss. Pink Pop and Coral Reef.
Love the packaging, simple and elegant. The color payoff is quite nice, no funky smell, not very sticky. Overall I really like these lip glosses.






































Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipsticks. Latino and Coral Shimmer.

















The pigmentation is actually pretty good on these lipsticks. The picture doesn't really do them justice. And they def live up to their name. These lipsticks are super moisturizing, they just glide right on. They don't last very long however, so you would need to reapply quite a few times. But for the price I think they're pretty good.

















Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express Mascara in Blackest Black. I haven't tried this mascara yet. The name is what caught my eye...so we'll see if this product lives up to its name...
The packaging claims:
More visible lashes
Fills in the gaps
Instant volume
Pro-kera and fibers
False lash effect
We shall see Maybelline...

















Hard Candy 1,000 Lashes Fiberized Lash Weave Mascara in Mermaid Teal and Divine Purple. Another product I haven't tried yet. I got them because I don't have any colored mascaras and the "Lash Weave" caught my attention. Again we shall see...
Packaging claims:
"1,000 Lashes is infused with volume building fibers that thicken, separate, and lengthen lashes dramatically!"




















CoverGirl Eyelights Mascara in Black Gold and Black Ruby.
These are made for specific eye colors. I don't really care about that lol I just grabbed the ones that I thought I'd like...I didn't. They're supposed to have some shimmer in them to "bring the light out in your eyes" and I can't really see any shimmer in them. The brush isn't anything special and this product doesn't really offer much in regards to volume, length etc...I'd say def pass!





















Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara in Black.
Eh...lol I've used this a few times but always in conjunction with another mascara. Alone it doesn't really do much. The brush is a neat idea (its curvy as the name implies) but the bristles are really stiff and kinda poke at your eye. I'd say another pass.

















LOreal HIP Color Rich Cream Crayon. From Top to Bottom: Meticulous, Perfectionist, Unmistakable and Authentic.
I haven't used these much but what I can say about them is that they dry quickly and once the product is dry its not going anywhere. It takes a good amount of eye make up remover to take this product off. I don't like the packaging for more than the fact that I think its ugly...the cap is hard to take off and in pulling it off the crayon stick kind of falls out...dunno if that makes sense...I just always have a hard time opening them and worrying about the crayon part falling out. I need to use them some more before I can say pass...



LOreal HIP High Intensity Pigments. Left to Right: Valiant (purple), Striving (dark green), and Rebel (yellow green).
Love the HIP pigments. I don't really like the brushes that come with them but that's really not a big deal, I just use a different brush. I have a whole bunch more and wanted to give these a go. I haven't used them in any looks but I will soon :-)





N.Y.C Blushable Creme Stick in Plaza Pink.
Haven't tried this out yet. The color is pretty, it's like a peachy pink. The consistency is very creamy. Michele on YouTube (michele1218) reviewed them if you want to check that out. I love her, I think she's adorable and she's such a sweet girl. Here's the link to her video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkzqjYp-5XE









Revoln ColorStay Brown Enhancer. Top to Bottom: Blackened Brown / Taupe and Light Brown / Champagne.
They are dual ended. One side is a tinted wax and the other side is a highlighter. I really like these. I've used the Blackened Brown often (the other one is too light for me). The highlighters are a little too frosted for me so I'd probably use them on my lid as a base more than I would as a highlight under my brows. But that's just me :-) I actually heard about these from another YouTube guru Emily (emilynoel83). Another very sweet girl. Check out her take on these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbyHYp1Booc





Nicole by OPI and OPI nailpolish :-) LOOOVE nailpolish :-)
Left to Right: Truth or Lilac?, Plumroll Please, Playin' Hooky, Play Fair, Pompeii Purple, Melon of Troy, Rumple's Wiggin'.
Love OPI and Nicole by OPI nailpolish. Out of these I've worn Melon of Troy (which I'm currently wearing, needed 2 coats) and Rumple's Wiggin' (which I ran out and got when I saw a Twitpic of Khloe Kardashian wearing it, it's the best cream Lilac ever! Love it so much but I did need 3 coats to get an opaque look. BTW its from the Shrek collection). And I'm looking forward to wearing the rest of them :-)




So yeah guys that's that :-) Hope you enjoyed and maybe this helped in one way or another. If you have any questions, comments etc you know what to do :-) And check out my YouTube channel and subscribe!! "BPMakeup" :-) Thanks for stopping by! :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment