Search This Blog

Monday, July 19, 2010

Weigh Loss and Healthy Lifestyle

Hey beauties! So I just uploaded a weight related vlog on YT. (Video link below) and I just wanted to elaborate a little bit on why I decided to make this video. I, like a lot of people, have struggled with weight issues for as long as I can remember. And I've endured the jokes and the comments from family members and kids at school, so I know how difficult and humiliating it can be. After high school I became good friends with a girl who it seemed like all the guys wanted. It was hard to be her friend and go out with her without feeling even a tiny pang of jealousy because she attracted guys like a freakin' magnet. So I started paying a lot more attention to what I ate and I joined a gym and I lost a good amount of weight. It also made me feel better about myself. I mean who doesn't like to feel sexy and confident right? Well it was nice. About a year later I met my now husband. After I moved in with him everything as far as weight management kind of went south. I got comfortable and I just kind of let myself go. I'd finally found this man who loved me for me and not for what I looked like. He was in love with me, the nerdy book worm who would rather sit at home and watch a movie than go out to the club. So we both got comfortable and I stopped going to the gym and I ate whatever he ate. And it doesn't help that he's a chef...lol so I gained about 50 pounds. Now I'm at this point in my life where I look in the mirror and don't really like what I see. I don't feel healthy, I feel self-conscious, I feel a little embarrassed at times. So I've kind of hit this wall where enough is enough. I feel like doing weekly videos makes me more accountable and motivates me to stick to a better diet and will make me get my butt to the gym everyday :-) So hopefully you guys and gals enjoy these videos and find them helpful!! Much love xoxoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment